Here's a teaser from the paper:
For the purpose of this discussion we will be dealing with various types of song transitions in order of temporal complexity, from the simplest to describe in time to the most complex.
- Song to song transition types
- Arbitrary Length Fixed Time Crossfade
- Phrase-Aligned Start No Tempo Adjust
- Phrase-Aligned Start, Running Beat Alignment
- Phrase-Aligned Start, Phrase-Aligned Finish
Once I've got this draft done I'll post some more bits. In the meantime, anyone have any further ideas on core subdivisions of song to song transitions, from the perspective of time alignment?